Initiation - To my Sons

Initiation - To my Sons

As you commence life's expedition
may you never have to fall back
you would have to overcome temptation
that would lead you off track

you must choose with caution
you must learn to differentiate
between the easy and correct option
your spirit must not oscillate

opulent may not mean relevant
small may not be insignificant
quality, not quantity is important
insistance almost never means urgent

saying no is not being a drag
truths burden is lighter than lead
respect does'nt require you to brag
success should not go to your head

listen to your inner voice
seeds of moral values within
would help you make a choice
between a virtous life and sin

should you need me, my dear sons,
I shall always be by your side
everytime you take honest decisions
my heart shall swell with pride

© Mandar Jayant Kokatay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Immortal - A tribute to the Martyr (Haiku - 5-7-5)

Nirvana - Self enlightenment (Haiku-5-7-5)