Time Travel

Time Travel

Time travel
fascinated me
amazed me
attracted me

Searched possibilities in science
theories of astrophysics
research of brilliant minds
real opportunities deluded me

Till I saw a small boy
head nestled in his grandmothers lap
engrossed in stories
of his parents childhood

and then I saw a little girl
telling her mother her marriage plans
choosing colours and designs
with only a vision for a groom

schoolchildren telling their teacher
their ambitions, their dreams
becoming doctors, engineers, astronauts
teachers, pilots and policemen

and I realized
this is how we travel through time
by sharing our memories with our future
and building a better future from our present

© Mandar Jayant Kokatay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Immortal - A tribute to the Martyr (Haiku - 5-7-5)

Nirvana - Self enlightenment (Haiku-5-7-5)